Circular 70/23 Governance and Compliance course for Executives and Trustees now available
The Governance and Compliance course for sub-Branch Executives and Trustees is now available in the RSL NSW e-Learning portal.
The Governance and Compliance course aims to provide participants with an understanding of:
- The RSL NSW Charitable Purpose.
- The corporate structure of RSL NSW.
- Key responsibilities and obligations of sub-Branch Office Bearers, including and Trustees.
- Regulatory obligations.
- Financial management including internal controls and the importance keeping accurate and timely records.
- The role and reporting requirements of the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC).
- Implementation of processes which can assist in mitigating risks.
To access the course
- Login to the RSL NSW e-Learning portal https://rslnsw-elearn.com.au/ to complete the course.
- All Office Bearers have been pre-registered for all governance training courses, listed and accessible under ‘My Courses’ within the e-Learning portal.
- The login credentials remain consistent with those previously provided for the Conflicts of Interest, and Safety, Risk and Wellbeing courses.
- If you have forgotten your password, click the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link on the login page. A temporary password will be sent to the office bearer’s personal email for password reset with 10 characters or more.
How long do I have to complete the course?
- There is no deadline for course completion.
- Recognising the voluntary commitment of sub-Branch Office Bearers, the training can be completed at a pace that aligns with your availability.
What are the benefits of this course?
- ANZAC House developed this course as part of the state-wide online education and training program in support of Initiative 5.7 of the RSL NSW Strategic Plan.
- This course is designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of sub-Branch Executives and Trustees, to comply with their regulatory obligations and responsibilities which includes reporting to regulatory bodies and adhering to RSL NSW’s Constitution, Policies and SOPs in the pursuit of delivering the Charitable Purpose.
Training completion status
- Monitoring the office bearers’ course completion status is conveniently located via the sub-Branch Portal. By logging in and clicking on the Training tab from the top menu, you will then see your Office Bearers’ course status.
- For sub-Branches that require financial support to fund the IT equipment to complete this training, please submit a request for financial assistance by completing the Support & Assistance Fund Application Form.
RSL NSW e-learning platform support
- If you require assistance to access the e-Learning platform, please contact the Member Support Team on 1300 679 775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on other courses available, please refer to: