Circular 11/23 New Resource Centre and sub-Branch guidance notes, templates and handover guides
After a period of consultation with a reference group of sub-Branch representatives, ANZAC House is pleased to launch a suite of enhancements to the sub-Branch Portal, including a new Resource Centre, and guidance documents to support sub-Branch Office Bearers.
As part of initiative 3.7 of the RSL NSW Strategic Plan, RSL NSW is upgrading the sub-Branch Portal to streamline functionality and enhance administrative access for Office Bearers to enable reporting on membership matters and charitable purpose performance, including compliance obligations under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC).
This latest suite of enhancements to the Portal will provide Office Bearers:
- A one-stop-shop for all sub-Branch administrative functions
- Streamlined administrative access to update member records
- A new Resource Centre providing easy access to a wide range of useful materials such as Circulars, Board Communiques, SOPs, the RSL NSW Constitution and branded promotional items (logos, stationery and member recruitment tools).
The Resource Centre provides convenient access to information previously only housed in the ‘Member Resources’ section of the RSL NSW website. Eventually, internal information and resources currently accessible on the public-facing website will be removed and only available through the sub-Branch Portal. ANZAC House will provide advance notice of the removal of the documents from the website.
ANZAC House has developed a Written Directions Framework (WDF) to support sub-Branch Office Bearers through the provision of clear guidance notes, templates and handover guides, to complement the SOPs and Policies, in line with initiative 5.15 of the Strategic Plan. The documents are critical to the appointment of new Office Bearers at sub-Branch AGMs, covering areas of governance, operations, and delivering on the charitable purpose of RSL NSW.
The documents, comprising the WDF, are available under the Written Directions Framework category heading in the Portal. The WDF includes:
- Outlines of the roles and responsibilities for sub-Branch Office Bearers
- Handover Guides, for inducting new sub-Branch Office Bearers
- Guidance Notes, providing guidance and information to assist in operations
- A Risk Register Template, to assist in the assessment and reporting of risks.
A video walkthrough of the Written Directions Framework is available here.
If you require additional support to navigate the new features of the Portal, please contact ANZAC House at email@example.com or on 1300 679 775.