Media ACCREDITATION & OPERATION Guidelines
ANZAC Day – Thursday 25 April 2024
Sydney CBD ONLY
Please ensure ALL staff working on the Sydney CBD ANZAC Day commemorations read these guidelines (the Accreditation Form is beneath the guidelines).
- Media accreditation applies for Dawn Service, Commemoration Service, ANZAC Day March and Sunset Service in the Sydney CBD.
- Accreditation applies to ALL media and Australian Defence Force photographers and videographers for all ANZAC Day events. Please complete this form (beneath these guidelines) by Thursday 18 April 2024.
- The name of the individual who will work on ANZAC Day events must be indicated for each accreditation.
- Positions for TV link vans and any radio outside broadcasts must be approved, and positions allocated in designated areas, in advance. Spaces are limited and security screening is required. Please call the contacts below to discuss.
- Passes provided for approved TV link vehicles MUST be displayed on the dashboard at all times. Vehicles outside designated areas will be moved.
- SECURITY SCREENING: Dawn Service accredited media must meet at the corner of Martin Place & Pitt Street at 3:30am sharp for security screening. You must have your media pass with you.
- Dawn Service Media Areas: Media accreditation for the Dawn Service is limited. Media will be notified if their application has been approved. There are two media areas at Dawn Service:
– Open riser – All Media
– Next to Cenotaph – Pool Photo (1 x wire photo, 1 x newspaper photo. Please arrange own pool)
– Any media located in the area next to the Cenotaph at the Dawn Service must wear plain black attire and no hats. Anyone who does not adhere to this dress regulation will not be permitted into the restricted area on the day.
- Dawn Service: Map of Dawn Service will be available for reproduction and online use. Run order, program and participants will also be available.
- March: Media will NOT be permitted in the ABC TV broadcast area during the March (Elizabeth St, between Martin Place and Park St).
- March: Interviews with participants during the March can be conducted ONLY on Elizabeth St south of Park St and must not stop any veteran whilst marching for an interview.
- March: Interviews available with seated Legacy Widows located on the corner of Elizabeth St and St James Rd.
- March: Map of March route and where participating units are marshalling prior to the March, will be available for reproduction and online use.
- For information about road closures and current traffic conditions go to livetraffic.com, call 132 701 or download a real-time traffic app from the App Store or Google Play.
Accreditation & Media Kit Distribution
Accreditation passes and media kits will be distributed by end Monday 22 April 2024. Should you require passes earlier than this date, please contact Platform6 (details below).
SUMMARY OF EVENTS
3:30am sharp Dawn Service – accredited media arrival and security screening at corner Martin Place and Pitt Street. You must have your media pass with you.
4:20am – 5:30am Dawn Service, Cenotaph, Martin Place, Sydney
9:00am Start of ANZAC Day March
Starts on the corner of Martin Place and Elizabeth St and moves south along Elizabeth St to Liverpool St where the March will end and participants will disperse.
Interviews with March participants permitted only on Elizabeth St south of Park St.
Please interview veterans as they are walking to keep the March moving and please ensure appropriate physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres.
12.30pm Commemoration Service, Anzac Memorial, Hyde Park South, Sydney
5.00pm Sunset Service, Cenotaph, Martin Place, Sydney
All media information can be downloaded as available from
Scott Crebbin 0419 751 805
Nicole Browne 0414 673 762