Circular 87/23 Sport & Recreation Program 2023 highlights
Thank you to all sub-Branches who took part in the RSL NSW Sport and Recreation Program this year. The feedback has been resoundingly positive, with participating sub-Branches reporting a lift in their members’ physical and mental health, and social connection.
Highlights from this year’s Sport & Recreation Program include:
- 42 sub-Branches delivered more than 600 activities in 2023, including walking, fishing, group fitness, art, photography, cycling, trivia, golf, pickleball, and more.
- Sub-Branches collaborated on district-wide events that connected a larger community of veterans and their families.
- Participants in the program ranged from one to 85 years old. And a focus on more family-friendly events helped sub-Branches to attract and engage younger members.
- More than 100 current-serving and former-serving members of the ADF and their families, from across NSW, participated in the City2Surf fun run, making the RSL NSW Sport & Recreation Team the event’s largest veteran and family member team.
Not yet registered? Sign-up and win!
To register your sub-Branch for the Sport & Recreation Program, complete this form.
All sub-Branches that register for the Sport & Recreation program (or refer another sub-Branch to register) on or before January 31, will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of five prize packs, including vouchers and merchandise. For details, please refer to Circular 83/23.
Note: If your sub-Branch registered for the Sport & Recreation program in 2023, your registration will automatically roll into 2024. You do not need to re-register.
Support fellow sub-Branches by donating to the Sport & Recreation Program
By contributing to the Sport & Recreation Program, via the Veteran Support Fund, sub-Branches can ensure equitable access to funding for activities in all communities across NSW.
Your donation helps to fund…
- The safe delivery of activities by employing qualified professionals to facilitate
- Necessary equipment purchases
- First aid qualification and purchase of safety equipment for activities
- Venue hire
- Sun smart shelter purchases
- Signage to help promote activities
- Larger statewide activities such as the Congress SRP Activity and The City2Surf Team
Please consult members attached to your sub-Branch about supporting the Sport & Recreation Program with surplus funds after allocating operational and other expenditures for 2024. For instructions on how to donate to the Sport & Recreation Program, please visit the SOP1 website page, and ensure you mention “Sport & Recreation Program” in your EFT reference.
If you have any Sport & Recreation Program questions, or to request a presentation at your next District Council Meeting, please contact the Program Coordinator Jen Reynolds at email@example.com.