Circular 52/22 RSL NSW Recruitment Toolkit now available
Following the presentation by the Head of Communication, Marketing & Membership at the RSL NSW Annual State Congress in Newcastle on Monday 31 October, ANZAC House is pleased to launch the Recruitment Toolkit for use by all RSL sub-Branches.
The Recruitment Toolkit supports initiative 3.3 of Goal 3 of the RSL NSW Strategic Plan and is a one-stop shop for sub-Branches to access on-brand promotional material to engage the local veteran community and attract new members.
Resources included in the Recruitment Toolkit:
- Conversation Guide to help initiate conversations with non-member veterans about joining the League – Conversation Guide
- New Member Checklist to guide through the ideal procedure for onboarding a new member, ensuring that new members receive a warm welcome and are linked up with the services and resources they need – New Member Checklist
- Social Media Guide about the importance of having an active social media profile and how to set up Facebook and Instagram pages for your sub-Branch – Social Media Guide
- Welcome Postcard to send/give to new members when they first join the League – Welcome Postcard
- Invite Flyer to invite potential new members to join a sub-Branch – Invite Flyer
- Social Assets and Tiles making it easier for sub-Branches and members to post on their social media channels
- Print-ready items such as Member Car Sticker, ‘Ask me anything’ badge, posters, and pull-up banners.
The Recruitment Tools and RSL NSW Brand Guidelines are available on the RSL NSW website here. To assist sub-Branches with event planning, an ‘Event in a Box’ is another useful management guide for sub-Branches to coordinate, organise and promote events. Resources include ‘How to Plan an Event’ guide, promotional templates for social media, event posters, and media release templates.
If smaller sub-Branches are concerned about the costs associated with printing the resources, Honorary Secretaries are encouraged to present a quote to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for payment from the RSL NSW sub-Branch Support & Assistance Fund. The office of your local Member of Parliament also offers a free community printing service.
ANZAC House is finalising the RSL NSW merchandise shop and will advise sub-Branches when access to the shop is available.
If you require assistance to access or print the tools or have any questions regarding the Recruitment Toolkit, please contact email@example.com.