Circular 36/21 Updated guidance for Remembrance Day and Poppy Appeal
Further to Circular 33/21 Remembrance Day and Poppy Appeal, I can now advise further in relation to Remembrance Day.
With less than 4.8% of the population of New South Wales left to receive their second COVID-19 vaccine before the state reaches 80% double vaccination milestone, the current restrictions will be eased sooner than anticipated.
What are the restrictions that apply to events when the State reaches 80% vaccination?
The NSW Government’s Roadmap outlines the following for fully vaccinated people, in relation to events:
- COVID-safe outdoor gatherings permitted for up to 200 people
- Controlled outdoor public gatherings (fenced, seated, ticketed) permitted for up to 3000 people with density limit (1 person per 2sqm for outdoor areas)
What does this mean for Remembrance Day commemoration planning?
All sub-Branches are encouraged to continue planning Remembrance Day commemorations based on the above restrictions.
What about fundraising activities?
Planning for fundraising within your community should continue in consultation with host Councils, shopping centres, Clubs etc. All sub-Branches will be required to develop a COVID-safe plan in accordance with NSW Government COVID rules and restrictions.
How can sub-Branches order fundraising Poppies and other tokens online?
As noted in Circular 33/21, a significant number of tokens formerly owned by WBI are available to sub-Branches and can now be ordered online. Sub-Branches will be required to pay a small packing ($0.25 cents per token) and freight charge, however there is no charge for the tokens.
How to create an account and place an order:
- Go to the online ordering portal by clicking here
- Create an account login by clicking ‘Continue’ under ‘New Customer’ and completing your details. Please ensure you enter your official sub-Branch email address in the email field (which automatically also becomes your username)
- Your account will usually be authorised the same business day, at which point you will receive an email notification. Once you receive authorisation, you will be able to login and place orders using your username and password
- View the range of tokens available and select the quantity of each token you require below the image of the token listed, then press “Add to cart”
- Once you have finished ordering all the tokens you require, click on the shopping cart image at the top right of screen to complete your order
- Click on ‘Checkout” then fill in the name and address details – please note deliveries cannot be made to an address with a PO Box.
- Select payment type (i.e. Credit Card, EFT or Cheque) to complete your order. Please note credit card is the fastest option as orders are packed and dispatched once payment is received.
If you require assistance, please contact PMA Global directly on (02) 9629 0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org