Get moving in Veterans’ Health Week: 16-24 October
Sunday 24 October
Veterans’ Health Week: 16-24 October
Whether you play, throw or run, walk, ride or roll, get moving this Veterans’ Health Week.
- Organise a lawn bowls or golf day
- Cycle to work each day for the week
- Go for a kayak, swim, surf or ride
- Try out a meditation, yoga or pilates class
- Host an outdoor barbecue with backyard cricket
- Register in ‘Team Veteran’ for a Parkrun near you – see details below
700,000+ Aussies have finished more than 10 million Parkruns, in 422 locations around the country.
This Veterans’ Health Week 16-24 October, RSL Australia is working with Veteran Sport Australia and Open Arms to encourage members to register in ‘Team Veteran’ at a local Parkrun. It’s a great way for veterans and their families to connect with the wider veteran community each week. Run, walk, or roll – everybody is welcome.
How to join:
- Join parkrun – register at www.parkrun.com.au/register
- Then, join the Team Veteran run club by following this link https://www.parkrun.com.au/groups/29137/
Once you’ve registered, head over to this Open Arms page to claim your ‘Team Veteran’ t-shirt and proudly wear the RSL logo.
You can Contact Veteran Sport Australia for assistance to coordinate an event in your community by emailing email@example.com
Contact the RSL NSW team to promote your event on the RSL NSW website by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Image by icsilviu from Pixabay