How do I join?

Complete a Membership Application form (you can print out the Membership Application form from the Branch website) and take the form to the sub-Branch you wish to join together with a copy of your Record of Service or Discharge Certificate. The annual membership fee is $35.00.

  • If you do not wish to be a member of a sub-Branch, you may join the Unattached List at ANZAC House. This means that you would be a member of The League but take no active participation in sub-Branch matters.


Website: Department of Defence

 How to Obtain Service & Medical Records

  • If you are a former member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and you wish to have access to your service and medical records, or if you are an advocate of an ex-service organisation assisting with a claim, you can apply for these records through the Ex-Serving Member Service / Medical Records Freedom of Information website of the Department of Defence. 


  • Army medical records for people discharged prior to 1947 and Air Force medical records for people discharged prior to 1952 are held by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) therefore if your request falls within this period, please contact DVA.
  • If you are requesting service records of an Australian member who served during World War I and World War II it is recommended that you contact the National Archives of Australia (NAA) in the first instance.

For information relating to Defence Honours and Awards go to